Free Trial

Safari Books Online is a digital library providing on-demand subscription access to thousands of learning resources.

  • Create BookmarkCreate Bookmark
  • Create Note or TagCreate Note or Tag
  • PrintPrint
Share this Page URL
Help

Part III: Exploring SharePoint Online > Chapter 9: Understanding SharePoint Onl...

Chapter 9

Understanding SharePoint Online Development

In This Chapter

arrow Using your web browser to develop SharePoint solutions

arrow Understanding how to develop sites

arrow Developing your knowledge of lists, libraries, and pages

arrow Discovering how to develop by using SharePoint Designer

The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time . . . The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time.

— Tom Cargill

After get the hang of SharePoint, you may want to dive deeper into the technology. SharePoint is a web-based product (meaning that you use it with your web browser). Being a user of SharePoint is just the beginning, however. You can develop real-world business applications by using nothing more than your web browser. You don’t need to be a programmer and you don’t even need to be very technical. You just need some time to find out how to drag and drop components and enter content. When you need a little more power, you can fire up a tool called SharePoint Designer. SharePoint Designer provides a powerful and intuitive user interface designed specifically for SharePoint development.


  

You are currently reading a PREVIEW of this book.

                                                                                                                    

Get instant access to over $1 million worth of books and videos.

  

Start a Free Trial


  
  • Safari Books Online
  • Create BookmarkCreate Bookmark
  • Create Note or TagCreate Note or Tag
  • PrintPrint