Free Trial

Safari Books Online is a digital library providing on-demand subscription access to thousands of learning resources.

• Create BookmarkCreate Bookmark
  • Create Note or TagCreate Note or Tag
  • PrintPrint
Share this Page URL
Help

Acknowledgments

Acknowledgments

First of all I would like to thank Brook Farling and all at Sams Publishing for giving me the great opportunity of writing the most important book of my life on Visual Basic. Behind the scenes a lot of people did hard work, so I would like to say “thanks!” to everyone, including the technical editor Matthew Kleinwaks and all the people involved in the review process.

Special thanks to all the Microsoft Visual Basic Team for doing a great job; particularly I would like to give my special thanks to Lisa Feigenbaum for helping me to contact the right people in the teams working on Visual Studio and the .NET Framework. She does her work with great passion and professionalism; her help has been so precious to me. Many thanks, Lisa.

Next I would like to thank Beth Massi from the VB Team for the opportunity of technical discussions on the Visual Basic language. She always creates great work producing content that helps others learn something new every day. If you are searching for information using VB against the most recent Microsoft technologies, take a look at her blog.

Great thanks also to some guys from the Italian subsidiary of Microsoft: Alessandro Teglia (my MVP Lead), who has a great passion for his work and for the MVP’s community; he did a really great job when I had some important questions related to information required for this book, rapidly pointing me in the right direction, and Lorenzo Barbieri. His indications and suggestions on the Team System instrumentation were invaluable.

Thanks to my boss Giampiero Ianni for his cordiality.

I would like to thank my everyday friends; most of them aren’t interested in application development but they’re always happy when listening to me talk about computers, application development, and my books. Most of all, they are always ready to encourage me. Writing a large book like this is not easy, but they always have the right words when things are difficult. So my deep thanks to Roberto Bianchi, Alessandro Ardovini, Daniela Maggi, Maurizio Cagliero, Eugenio Ricci, Alessandra Gueragni, Francesca Bongiorni, Paolo Leoni, Meso, Luca Libretti, and Sara Gerevini. You guys really rock!

I’m a community leader and team member in the Italian “Visual Basic Tips & Tricks” community (www.visual-basic.it); therefore, I would like to thank all those guys who are the right stimulus for making things better every day; all those people who visited my blogs at least once or who read even one article of mine, and all those people who every day visit our website and follow us on forums, videos, articles, and blogs. Special thanks to my MVP colleagues Diego Cattaruzza, Antonio Catucci, and Raffaele Rialdi for their great support and precious suggestions. Thanks to Renato Marzaro and Marco Notari for their continuous support and encouragement.

• Safari Books Online
  • Create BookmarkCreate Bookmark
  • Create Note or TagCreate Note or Tag
  • PrintPrint